September 9, 2022 – Superior National Golf Course at Lutsen is once again partnering with the North Shore Health Care Foundation to bring you the 3rd Annual Golf for the Good – NSHCF Weekend on Friday, Sept. 30 and Saturday, Oct. 1.
“It’s coming up fast and we need you!,” said Valerie Marasco Eliasen, Executive Director – North Shore Health Care Foundation. “Golf for the Good offers exceptional value and all of the benefits of a golf tournament including player bags, great prizes, fun contests, refreshments and food throughout the day, friendly competition and lots of fun, but on your own schedule. And did we mention Fall colors on this gorgeous course? There is no easier way to support the availability of health care and emergency services (Fire, EMS, Search & Rescue and some Law Enforcement programs) in the special place we all love, than participating in Golf for the Good. We encourage everyone to get a group together and have some fun Golfing for the Good.”
To participate, players just need to book a tee time between 8 am – 3 pm on either, or both, Sept. 31 or Oct. 1, and you can add the Golf for the Good Package on to your play for a $45 donation to the Foundation. The North Shore Health Care Foundation is a respected community leader in Cook County which serves as a grant-maker, educator, convener, incubator and advocate for health. We work to champion solutions for equitable access to health care, healthy living and emergency services locally. Where gaps exist, the Foundation creates and incubates critical programs until they can become their own nonprofits or be acquired by the appropriate provider for long-term sustainability.
To book a tee time, you can either go online to Superior National Golf Course or by call 218-663-7195 or toll free (US) 1-888-564-6543 and mention #Golf for the Good. You can pay for the $45 event entry donation on site OR PRE-REGISTER THIS YEAR to get you on the links faster, at: www.northshorehealthcarefoundation.org/golf
NOT A GOLFER?
If you’re not a golfer, no worries as there are several ways to support this important fundraiser which helps us fund solutions and address more community health issues. Here’s how you can make a difference:
- Give of your time – we need volunteers! Choose a half day (4.5 hours) or a whole day) on either or both days. Come out and have some fun with us! We need people to staff a few of the contest holes on the course for morning or afternoon shifts, pass out player bags at registration, place signs at holes, deal black jack on one of the contest holes and help get players signed up.
- Donate a prize – if you own a business, what better way to show your community stewardship and investment in health and get a little advertising in the process! We need prizes for the event
– a gift certificate, a themed basket, a selection of your wares? AND you don’t have to be a business to donate a prize – maybe you’re just a generous person who wants to contribute something really cool from one of our local businesses – that would be amazing!
- Become a sponsor – businesses, individuals or even families can be a Golf for the Good Sponsor. This gives you some fun exposure with signage and recognition and demonstrates your contributions and support for health and emergency services in Cook County!
- Make a simple donation that will ultimately have a huge ripple effect helping many programs and people in Cook County and pretend you played! By donating you are already a winner!
- Or become a Friend of the Foundation, there are a variety of suggested membership levels and each one helps us be the light for health and emergency services in Cook County. Find out more about Friendships at www.NorthShoreHealthCareFoundation.org “Whatever you decide, we appreciate you and whatever support you can give,” said Marasco Eliasen. “We are a small, but mighty Health Care Foundation and this fall into the New Year will be updating our action plans and initiatives to work collaboratively with community partners to do more for health in Cook County. We hope to have you along for this journey being that bright light in Cook County. “Stay well friends, and thank you for supporting the North Shore Health Care Foundation.
- Contact: Valerie Marasco Eliasen, Executive Director – North Shore Health Care Foundation, 218-387-9076 or NSHCF@boreal.org